Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Picnic Game--XXX pizza ;)

I'm going to a picnic, and I'm bringing XXX pizza. Honestly, this isn't X-rated pizza, but it sure feels that way. Sinfully delicious! Plus, it's hot enough here in Georgia, that you would probably want to eat in the nude, anyways ;)

So, please, don't act the xenos, hop on your xebec and bring your xylophone! Let's eat some XXX pizza.

Oh dear, this is cheesy!

Herb bread recipe for dough, altered to use herbs I had available from the garden. Additionally, I used both wheat and white flour as opposed to just white.

Raw dough, goat cheese, and more fresh basil...
Baked, with more fresh herbs on top. Combination of the cooked and fresh, this time!
My slices, with honey and crushed red pepper. Do you like honey on your pizza? It's worth it, for sure :)

Thank you, Month of Edible Celebrations for letting me play!

7 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Your XXX Pizza is Fabulous! Exactly what we needed to round out the Picnic Game. Send me you email so I can send you the rest of the dishes when they're ready. Or, do you want me to send what I already have with images. There's quite a basketful of goodies. Such a FUN post!!! I'll be back...

Jenn said...

That herb bread sounds and looks awesome!


Delicious pizzas!!!

Marjie said...

I'm so glad someone else's crust, besides mine, comes out whatever shape it wants! This looks like a great pizza! I have the letter I for this picnic!

Heather S-G said...

I'm glad I'll be at the picnic...cuz I want a big ol' slice of this ;)

Selba said...

Yay! So glad that pizza is on the list for the picnic, yum!

buffalodick said...

Looks great! I've used honey in the crust, but never on the pizza! I use it as a sweetener more and more...

tavolini said...

Louise--thanks for hosting the picnic :)

Jenn--We made a loaf of bread alongside the pizza, and it turned out really well!

Marjie--I leave the perfect circles up to Dominoes ;)

Girli--thanks! It was after seeing your post that I found out about the picnic :)

Selba--Yay indeed!!!

Buffalo--it's got so many good antioxidant properties. There was a pizzaria in Kansas City that had honey on the tables...and I fell in love with it as a topping!