Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fish Succotash and the end of an era

It was GORGEOUS out yesterday. We took some time to just stop and smell the flowers. With all the rain, they're doing quite well.


Peppers are starting to bloom.

in my birthday dress
wax poetic with the orange juice...
Flounder was on sale at the grocery store, so I started it out with some onions, garlic and Indian curry spices.
Tomatoes? Yes, indeed!
Tavo assisted with the tomatoes.
Alas, I had forgotten my potatoes and peas...so we decided to turn it into a fish succotash instead of a curry.
Verdict? Delicious.
Later, when I sat down to prepare the blog...something horrible happened. I had the computer precariously balanced on a ladder, as usual...
Then I tripped on the ladder while hopping up to flip the tape. Argh!! the ladder tipped over, the computer tipped over, and the screen is destroyed forever.
Looks a bit like a bird, doesn't it?

The end of an era...RIP Tavo's computer.

11 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

perfect example of clashing technologies - I have a ton of old tapes I can unload on you if you want....but it is a bummer that the laptop is smashed!

Jenn said...

Sorry about Tavo's computer. Total bummer. The good thing is you were hurt when you tripped.

From curry to succotash. Not bad. Still a win-win dish.

snowelf said...

oh no...I'm so sorry that happened... and it strangely does look like a bird...

I love,love,love the dress!!

--snow

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Sorry about Tavo's computer. If the computer is ok, you may be able to hook up a screen to it.

I love how the fish came around to succotash...don't you just love when things work out like that? It looks fantastic!

Heather S-G said...

:( RIP laptop... But that succotash looks outa this world!! Love the fish in it...never would have thought of that!

Marjie said...

I love your birthday dress! Fish always makes a satisfying meal.

tommie said...

I wonder if that screen can be replaced. Will put a magnet on the laptop before this one. We ALWAYS get the warranty that covers everything, they replaced something on it.

PS, the lima beans reminds me of "The Bad Case of Stripes"...Camilla Cream loves lima beans.

The Blonde Duck said...

Ack! That sucks!

But your dress is so cute! :)

foodcreate said...

:) Love your fish !

Thanks for sharing your recipe:)

"Join today our growing food community and submit your heirloom recipe for all the the world to share"

Welcome~~~
http://foodcreate.com

Alexander said...

Don't you all look domestic :-)

buffalodick said...

I'm scared to get a lap top because of something like that happening...