Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Michigan and the Graduation!

First things first--Congratulations Little Sister!! My sister has been plugging away, steadily, at her Bachelor's and she graduated last week! Good job, Linds :) We're very proud of you.

To celebrate, we all went up to the beach on Lake Huron. Even though it was chilly and cloudy, my cousins were determined to have a blast :) Three year olds and five year olds always seem to have a good time!

Finding shells..
...and we found some beer--Cheers to the graduate!
My sister probably made about 25 sand castles. You see, my little cousins REALLY excel in destroying sand castles ;)
My feet were buried. (Don't worry, I was able to escape!)

The sun came out and this little cutie woke up from her nap, just in time to hop in the pool.

Thanks Mom, Dad, cousins and sister for an excellent weekend!

10 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

that little pool is the coolest thing ever - dang how convenient....congrats to the sister on getting out of college - its like a prison of sorts....LOL - a beer prison!

Jenn said...

Congrats to your sister. What a fun way to celebrate. You've got me craving for beach days now. The little kiddie pool is too cute.

Marjie said...

Little kids always have the most fun! Follow the kids, preferably those with a trusty dog, to have fun even in cold, miserable weather!

Congrats to your sister.

snowelf said...

Lini--I love your dress!!! Congrats to your little sister. ((again))And I see you have managed the secrets of the great sand escape. Bwahahaha!

And Tavo--the XXX pizza post--it's so hot here too, I think we could cook pizza outside right now--there would be no uncooked basil! :D (not that I'm complaining--I love sunshine)

--snow

Heather S-G said...

Yay for sis...that's awesome. Although I have to give a little 'grrr' cuz I'm a Spartan, LOL. Looks like a fun weekend :D

buffalodick said...

Congrats for sis! Your beach is on the wrong side of the water!(We go to Lake Michigan!)

The Blonde Duck said...

I love those baby rolls! I just want to nibble on them!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend at the beach! Congratulations to your sister - it's a great achievement!

pinknest said...

congrats to your sis!

looks like a nice time at the beach. i'm pretty good at destroying sand castles, too.

Maggie said...

Northern kids never seem to notice the cold once you get to the beach. Your little cousin really is insanely cute in that pool!