Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pizza via camera phone

Albeit blurry, this pizza was too good not to share with you. My passion for pizza runs like a river through the mountains of my soul...just kidding, but I'm seriously pizza crazy.

I ate it in Brazil. I've cooked it for friends and posted about my family's Christmas Pizza. I actually make up a batch of dough and some homemade pizza about 2-3 times a month, but would bore you silly posting them all.

This pizza was a departure for me as I didn't use red sauce on it. I am a fiending nut about red sauce and spent many years cultivating perfect sauces for pizzas, pastas--but that's a different topic. I used a kalamata olive tapenade (very basic one--mostly just chopped olives)and my organic CSA veggies, quick sauteed before added to pizza.



Basic Dough--flour, yeast, water, salt
-brush with kalamata tapenade
-quick sautee eggplant (salted and drained), peppers, onion, garlic
-chopped garden tomatoes
-fresh basil
-bleu cheese
-drizzle with honey and crushed red pepper

9 comments:

buffalodick said...

By golly, you sure can cook!

Michelle Ann said...

Even blurry it looks good. I am attempting to master a pizza on my gas grill. It's a work in progress...a messy and tasty job!

Tanya Kristine said...

my favorit pizza is papa murphys veggie delite. thin crust, creamy garlic sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms & spinach. but the owner pissed me off and i havne' had one since. you've inspired me to learn how to mke my own.

Christo Gonzales said...

NICE....that looks like enough for me so I hope you plan on making one for yourselves

tommie said...

that looks so good!
I love a white sauce veggie pizza...throw in some kalamata olives and fresh roma tomatoes...oh man!

I tried to find a CSA around here ....you would think there would be several to choose from....nope! Just one and they only have 30 slots thru Aug.....all sold out.

tavolini said...

Buff--well, pizza at least ;)

Michelle--on a grill?! Sounds great, but definitely messy

Tanya--There aren't any Papa Murphy's in Atlanta--but that sounds delicious

Doggy--it wasn't enough! Gone in 5 minutes, and no one got seconds

Tommie--that's what happened to me last summer! I got on the waiting list for this CSA in February or something. I went through www.localharvest.org/csa/

Anonymous said...

On completly unrelated topic how did you get to sign up for Community Shared Agriculture and how can someone like my self do the same. I'm dying to find farmers market A GOOD farmares market here around ATL.

tavolini said...

Tanja--I found mine through www.localharvest.org/csa/ in February or March--I'd look into that site. Have you been to DeKalb Farmer's Market? Its definitely worth a gander--more like a grocery store than a traditional mkt, but it has EVERYTHING. Doesn't take credit cards, so bring cash!

3000 E Ponce De Leon Ave
Decatur, GA 30030

Cynthia said...

Sorry to hear that your home was broken into...

I am not a pizza lover but I like baking and will definitely try making your pizza dough.