Wednesday, August 27, 2008

we rock a Wednesday night...oh yes, we do!

We came home from work, we went for a walk, both of us had a late lunch and weren't hungry for dinner...what does one do on a wednesday night? Paint the bathroom, I suppose...

Bye bye yellow, hello blue!

I trimmed the baseboards and around the sink and mirror. While doing so, I blasted my favorite radio station, 1690 AM, you should check it out sometime. Tuesday nights they play the Americana show, which is awesome.

Here's Tavo, blasting Sandro and trimming out the ceiling. Aren't up on your 60's Argentine singers? Here's the wiki on Sandro. (it's required knowledge in Tavo's family)



In case you didn't notice, we have really tall ceilings. (and lots of spidery friends) No spiders were harmed in the painting of the bathroom :)

Also threw together a loaf of bread for sandwiches tomorrow. Almost Labor Day! What are you guys doing over the weekend?


...okay, we're headed back to roll it out!

12 comments:

tommie said...

just have to note....when you throw in a bread. I vote you have to throw in the recipe! just sayin' I want the recipe!

just have to add...this is my second word verification.....why can't I type those freakin' letters

tavolini said...

hahaha--sorry, I'm lousy at posting the recipes! This is about the most basic bread recipe I have--I use it for pizza dough, too.

Here you go:
3/4 cup water
2 cups flour (if you're using wheat, get some gluten flour to make it less dense)
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. fast rise yeast

it's a small loaf--so warm here my bread molds if I don't use it in a couple days.

tavolini said...

* I meant add some vital wheat gluten --probably a T. will do

buffalodick said...

You two make even work look like fun! Tav- "Why is there specks of blue paint in the bread, dear?" (just kiddin'!)

Michelle Ann said...

Do you need my address? My bathroom is currently canary yellow, I could use a change!

The bread looks yummy...it just needs a huge block of unsalted butter...yum!!!

Angel said...

day-um! Thems some high ceilings!!! and I hate spiders! YUK! nice color tho!

Christo Gonzales said...

those are the highest ceilings I have ever seen....

pinknest said...

you all make painting look fun. and you just happened to throw in some fresh bread there, too?!

tavolini said...

Buff--we found specks of paint everywhere!

Michelle--we'll come, we'll paint, we'll eat bread and butter :)

Beth--I don't like them either...but I can't bring myself to kill them. It's pretty ridiculous, honestly

Doggy--Got to love those old southern homes

Pink--I cheat--I use my bread machine to do the dough. So, it really does only take about 5 minutes of active time ;)

Anonymous said...

I think I liked previous color better???? :(

tavolini said...

Tanja--that's cool--I really liked the yellow, too. I was just ready for a change :)

Sara said...

Tavo, I want to send you an email about the comment you left on my post, but I don't see your email. Can you email me at iliketocook at shaw dot ca? Thanks!