Thursday, October 4, 2007

no sleep night, all right

Perhaps I should stop napping so much on buses--as it apparently destroys the night sleep. Have you had one of those nights when you sleep for an hour or two--then are wide awake for the rest of the night?

Tavo and I woke up around 2 am. He was tossing and turning, I was tossing and turning...finally around 2:45 he says, "I can't sleep." Me either. Neither of us really wanted to turn on the light and read, or drink warm milk (ewww) or any of those things that are supposed to make you fall asleep again. We just ended up talking...for the next 3 hours until we had to get up.

Surprisingly, I'm not really tired at all. (I'm sure that is in no way related to the eight cups of coffee I just drank) Turned out to be a nice way to spend a sleepless night.

*photo by Lilo Raymond

2 comments:

pinknest said...

whenever that happens to me, i'll think i'm surprisingly okay for not having slept. and then i completely crash and feel nauseous by four. awful!

tavolini said...

ha! definitely--I had a short day and was home (and napping) by 3:30!