Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Learning to toss and using Tuma goat cheese

First things first, I saw THIS article on NPR and thought I would share, as the majority of blogs I read are written by mothers and fathers. What do you think about McDonald's new healthy menu? I'm glad they're taking blogger input, but I doubt most food bloggers actually eat at McDonalds. Am I wrong?

So, onto pizza! I found Tuma cheese at the farmer's market this weekend, and they said it was a goat cheese similar to mozzarella. You know what mozzarella is good on, right?

Pizza! Gustavo and I have been watching videos and trying to learn how to throw pizza dough. I've always just slapped it back and forth, but I think I'm ready for the big time now. This one, I got quite a bit of height with. It isn't anywhere near round, but I was pleased with the thinness.


Taste was decent--the tuma didn't melt as much as I thought it would, but it has a nice flavor.

I crumbled it for the next pizza--this one has a sauteed summer squash on it. Worked extremely well! This toss was a bit rounder, but I didn't attain the same stretch as the previous crust. Once we get it down, we'll post a video. In the meantime, I foresee a LOT of pizza in our future. (Yeah!!!!)


Unrelated, but did want to share my new sunglasses. Looking sexy on the bike commute...

2 comments:

masini second said...

Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think it is not a very difficult recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.

Marjie said...

If the crust tastes good, who cares what it looks like?

I was glad to see an article in the Wall St. Journal where a higher up at McD's said they're adding the apple slices and cutting down the fries in the Happy Meals, but they're never going to ditch the toys, which are the fun part of the food. Sometimes I think adults try and take away too much of the simple fun in children's lives.

What do you, my favorite librarian, think?