Monday, July 25, 2011

Eggplant, tempeh and peppers in peanut sauce

The weekend started, as all good weekends do, with a bloody mary. I prefer mine with Spicy Hot V8, but other than that, its a pretty standard recipe. Oh yes, and a good way to use my endless supply of pickles...

We also had some deviled eggs, just for the fun of it. I hadn't had them in years, and it was a nice finger food to eat on the back deck. Again, pretty standard recipe, though I may have chopped up some pickles and added them (seriously, guys, I don't know how many more pickles we can eat)

This week's CSA bag was full of eggplant. After looking at about 5 great recipes that I didn't have all the ingredients for, I found one that fit the contents of my cupboard. This is a recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook (my old standby for decades!) Eggplant and Peppers in Peanut Sauce. I added the tempeh for protein and served it over brown rice. Not very pretty to look at, but it tastes quite good. I needed a healthy dose of siracha on mine.

Baked at 375 for about 15 minutes, stirring once..


Are you ready for it?? The worst camera phone food photos, ever. The impending storm kind of ruined my lighting, and I think my phone just doesn't do close up. One of these days, I may fix my camera. Maybe. Here is my ugly food :)

Oh dear.


I'll see if I can get a better photo during dinner tonight. That one is just awful, lol. Have a great evening!

No comments: