Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cheers to President Obama! We have great hope and belief in our country today

We are very excited about our new president! As an educator, I was encouraged by the student movements on campus to increase voting, to watch the debates, and overall--the participation in the presidential election. Today, the students at my college were moved to tears, cheering, hugging, and much celebration! I really think Obama has the support to make quite a difference in many people's lives.

Tavo and I decided to share in the celebratory spirit with a decadent cocktail, Mudslides!

Here is Tavo, exuberant! Is it our new president, or is it the Ben and Jerry's???
We did eat some normal food first. Such as tortillas. Yep, boring!
Smiling pretty with beans and eggs....
oh, but now its time for dessert! Bailey's (or the fake) and Kahlua (or the fake) vodka--real--some ice cream, some ice cubes...

yeah, the glasses are above my reach so I still climb up on the counter. And Tavo takes the opportunity for a WIDE camera angle :P

I am happy with the jeans--vintage Calvin Kleins from the West End thrift store.
yeah for ICE CREAM
This shot is inspired by Chocolate Covered Vegan :o) Everything is better with a little bit of chocolate!

Two frosty Mudslides

...and a fantastic new day for the United States.

14 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

you need to light me on fire....I cant think of anything else that could top this...USA All The Way!

Jean Bouchard said...

I am excited it is great that the nation is finally going to back its leaders, it has been a long time since young adult America have been involved in an election. I can only hope he leads this country back to greatness.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I love the shot... except ya know that I'd be squirting the chocolate into my mouth, not the blender ;o)

buffalodick said...

Well, he went to work today- first day on a new job, and you're hung over... HeeHeeHee....

tavolini said...

Doggy--agreed! We are so excited!

Sprocket--definitely! Such a difference on campus between this election and the last one.

CCV--You are so efficient!! :)

Buffalo--LOL! We only drank one--would be pretty difficult to down much more than that!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

You two had a rip-roaring celebration! I'm in the the Kalhua and vodka - yum!

The Blonde Duck said...

I like the bean and cheese tacos...

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot of booze :-)

tavolini said...

Katherine--it was a blast :)

Blonde--its EGGS! Would you still be into it?

Alex--yep--put right in front of my old wine bottle collection--I still do the candles in the wine bottle.

tommie said...

Love the mongo Volvo emblem on the wall....is that a map of all the fun places you have gone?

I had to laugh at the Calvin Klein jeans. When I was in HS, my mom gave me money to buy my school clothes. I could have bought 4 or 5 pairs of "regular" jeans...but NO, I had to buy two pairs of Calvin Klein jeans. I swear I did laundry every other day my entire sophomore year!

Cheers!

The Food Librarian said...

Absolutely fantastic day. I'm still crying because I had to work at the library yesterday and am watching some of the stuff I missed on my DVR!) I made Obama cupcakes and OOObama bars for the library staff to celebrate! :)

tavolini said...

Tommie--I hear you!! When I was in high school, it was Girbaud's. I got a green pair and a maroon pair--and washed them ALL the time ;)

Food Librarian--thanks for stopping by! Did they play it at the library? Obama cupcakes and bars sound FANTASTIC :)

Angel said...

YAYAYAY!!! the drinks look fantastic! and the jeans??!!! OMG! I want a pair!

Chef E said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I have never had a mudslide, or been in one...

In college I was know for making strawberry daiquiris with real strawberry ice cream and lots of booze! Secretly I wanted to get all the pretty blonde girls FAT and pass out! It worked to some degree...Yeah USA!