Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A day of bread and vegetables

I'm back to using the supermarket for vegetables, and am happy to be cooking up some broccoli! Oh how I have missed you.

I like to do a quick stir fry more often than not. This one, I added fajita spices to. Initially, I was going to add shrimp, too, but I decided that I wasn't in the mood to defrost and peel a pile of shrimp.

So veggie fajitas it was--with a spread of goat cheese and some salsa and lettuce.

I also made another loaf of bread for sandwiches. I'm still using the same recipe, this one:

1 1/4 cups water
2 1/2 cups white bread flour
3/4 cup wheat bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

*egg wash and sesame seeds before baking. 375 for 30 minutes or so.

It just consistently turns out a nice, nutty loaf, perfect for toast or for sandwiches.



Its supposed to get cooler this weekend--I fear my habit of fridays at the pool is coming to an end. Until next year, Summer, I'll be missing you!

2 comments:

snowelf said...

It's getting cooler here too. :( I'm going to miss summer. Your stir fry looks delicious!! I also loves me some broccoli!!

--snow

Marjie said...

I do like broccoli as the basis for stir-fry. I love chicken in my stir fry. Shrimp is too pricy up here for me to do anything other than eat it solo and savor every bite!