Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Michigan in the summer

Hello guys--okay, a quick side note. The COOLEST thing in the world happened yesterday....someone recognized me from my blog! A stranger! Isn't that awesome?? I was picking up my vegetables from the CSA and she said, "Do you have a blog?" I (of course) was so flabbergasted that I didn't get her name or find out anything about her. So thank you, kind stranger from Michigan, for noticing and telling me! You made my week!

We're gearing up to head out soon but in the meantime, we did take a quick jaunt up to Michigan to see my family. Can you believe that Tavo had never been to Michigan during the summer?? It was high time to show him that its not all snow and slush ;)

Here we are at lovely Lake Huron--Mom, myself and Linds.

The giant tire and sea doos, of course!

Linds and Paul, excavating..
Tavo and I at the night concert / laser show! It was right in the county park, and the lasers looked really cool on the trees. (You'll notice in all these pictures, I am very rarely without a beer..)

Linds and Paul at the concert..
Our friends Kristin and Jason--thank you so much Kristin for taking all these photos!!

All the ladies at the beach.

...and all the gents :)

What's a weekend at the beach without a bonfire?

...and what's a bonfire without setting off fireworks from someone's mouth? (No one was hurt!)

Notice how the number of drinks I have is increasing..

This was later set on fire....and put back on his head. Then he ran into the lake. Again, no one was harmed (whew!)

A great time was had by all. Thank you so much, Mom and Dad, for hosting all of us!

4 comments:

pinknest said...

Haha, that's so fun about someone recognizing you!

Vacation looks lovely. And that's some serious excavating there. Find anything good?

Marjie said...

Seriously, what's a weekend anywhere without a bonfire? And marshmallows?

Hilarious that someone recognized you!

Have fun on the rest of your trip.

Tessa said...

it was me who spotted you! I enjoy the blog. MI in the summer is unlike anyplace else :)

Jenn said...

That's fun that someone recognized you from your blog. hehehe...it's a nice feeling ain't it?