Sunday, July 18, 2010

Carb Sunday

Sometimes, all you feel like is baking. It did rain today in Atlanta, so actually we are having a "cool" day of high 80's....perfect! Here's some wheat bread studded with sesame (egg white wash to hold it)
All right--I was lamenting to Christo (and anyone else who cared) that all I make is pizza. He told me that all he makes are eggs--we know that isn't true--BUT this is a tribute to the two greatest foods. An added plus is that this is less than $2 per plate to throw together, depending on your cheese :) Pizza and eggs brunch--both Tavo and I dig it.


As I had all this awesome red sauce to use up, I decided to use my frozen raviolis. Thanks to Buitoni and Foodbuzz for their free coupon for the "For Two" frozen pasta line. We chose the shrimp and lobster kind...why not? By the way, "for two" is fairly generous--we'll easily get 3-4 servings from this. I saved the butter sauce that came with it for later.


Shockingly large chunks of lobster and shrimp--I was quite impressed!


To end our carb fun day, what better than spice cookies? We were watching Amelie during the storm, and sometimes that movie just puts you in the mood for some wine and spice cookies...or maybe it was the storm? At any rate, they're all packed up to go to our respective workplaces tomorrow so we don't eat 20 cookies on our own :)


Hope all of you had a fantastic weekend.

5 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

nice loaf of bread! pizza and eggs is a winner - I have seen some people put an egg on their pizza before popping in the oven - breakfast pizza - I have always wanted to try it....

tavolini said...

I have heard that and was "this close" to doing it...except we both wanted two eggs, we both wanted them cooked a specific way...and I just didn't want to make an error. I did save some dough, though.

Egg pizza will grace our near future :)

Marjie said...

That's a beautiful loaf of bread. My kids love it when I make pizza, but I'm not a huge fan. I know, picky, right? Usually I make instant oatmeal in my tea cup for breakfast, then eat eggs a few hours later. Just love "up" eggs!

Jenn said...

If I could I'd probably have pizza every day. Really...I would.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

You are an artist with bread! I would have never thought about pizza and eggs, but now I am thinking seriously about this.