Friday, March 13, 2009

more house! (I promise to get back to cooking eventually)

I have always had an irrational fear of basements. I really, really don't like to be underground. Even if there is a window, I still would rather be upstairs if at all possible. When I had a basement bedroom, I slept on the top bunk, right next to the window--as close as I could get to ground level.

This is why Georgia houses and their crawl spaces greatly appeal to me! While it would be unlikely for me to just hang out in a crawl space--it doesn't bother me to go on down and poke around. So here we are--hanging out in the crawl space, insulating our beautiful new pipes!

Tavo is reinforcing parts of the floor in the back room.
He also hung a screen door for the kitchen--a definite necessity!
Door in the evening light.
I have hardly been cooking at all. In fact, we never even ate dinner last night. We did eat breakfast however--thank you hotel for your fantastic breakfast buffet!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Chef E said...

Hey what I would give to have that english muffin, I already have the cream cheese!

I am sure you are sick of paper/plastic wear by now, huh?

Christo Gonzales said...

I love poking around in those kinds of spaces - I always think I am going to find that long lost 'lost' thing that people are always dying to find...that is one hearty breakfast.

Mo Diva said...

dibs on the bisquit!

buffalodick said...

Crawl spaces are worse than basements for me- remember what a "Michigan basement" is?

tavolini said...

Chef E--you know it! My recycling, tree hugging heart is weeping.

Doggy--we did find a love letter that was pretty cool.

Mo--they're my favorite, too!

Buffalo--ugh, I was so terrified of our basement. I hated having to go down there and always ran back up as quickly as possible!

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. Apparently no one has any kind of basement here in Houston and honestly this makes me terribly uneasy.

Maggie said...

I love the screen door's style! And I agree with your dislike of basements.