Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pepper Jack Cheese Grits with Old Bay Tilapia--and some horrid photos of it



This was such a good meal! Its too bad these photos won't do it justice. We went to a party over the weekend, and I proceeded to leave our camera there. We're going to get it back, don't worry! As of yet, I don't have it. So, here are blurry pictures from my camera phone.

This is such an easy meal, I don't know why I don't make it more often. Cook grits according to instructions (add some extra butter and cream to make them more delicious!) and add cheese at the end. For the fish, I just washed the fillets, coated them in Old Bay, and threw them in a hot skillet. One thing to keep in mind--Old Bay is salty, so omit or greatly reduce the amount of salt you use while cooking the grits. I would not use instant grits--they aren't healthy and they just don't taste as good.



8 comments:

girlichef said...

I haven't had grits in forever...but I love them and they sound super tasty w/ pepper jack. And Tilapia, too...mmmmmmm!

buffalodick said...

I like any kind of fish, and no kind of grits! Maybe I'll have to try them again some day.. 30 million red necks can't be that wrong... :)

TavoLini said...

Girli--They are good--so cheesy, so yummy!

Buffalo--You and my mom--she won't touch grits, either. Honestly, though, I can't see how anyone would NOT like cheese grits ;) Do you dislike polenta, too?

buffalodick said...

If you make it right, then cut and fry it- it's OK... but I don't seek it out! Until I lose my teeth, I pass on a lot of "no chew food"!

5 Star Foodie said...

Cheesy grits sounds so good. I'll definitely have to try the pepper jack cheese with my grits next time. Excellent meal!

doggybloggy said...

excellent! I love grits. I love polenta. I love tilapia. I love this dish.

Jenn said...

I haven't really tried grit and I've always want some. Don't know I never got around to making my own. Tilapia is one of my favorite fishes of all time. I sometimes like to get a while fish and stuff the belly with tomato and onion bits. You can fry them or bake it wrapped in foil. Sooo good!

~~louise~~ said...

Your pictures are looking mighty fine to me Lini.

What a wonderful blend of ingredients. I would never think to make grits with Tilapia. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try!!!