Friday, April 18, 2008

sweet and salty pecans on goat cheese

These pictures have sat on my phone for a good month, now--so I decided its time to post them. One quick aside--massive quantities of wine were consumed, thus the quality of the photos is fairly questionable.

mmmm....wine. You are so delicious and I love you.


I went over to my friend EP's house to hang with her and her husband, John, and drink some wine. EP was one of the first people I met when I moved to Atlanta from Detroit, and we have been close friends ever since. We used to be roommates, in this same house. Here she is with John.


They are both geologists. Besides being into rocks, ground water, and spelunking; EP is a connoisseur of wine and John is one hell of a cook. He had gotten a whole bunch of pecans from his parent's tree and decided to make an appetizer with them and some other goodies he had on hand.


Here's EP shelling the pecans. (you can't see me, but I'm eating every other one)

...wine is kicking in...

John toasted pecans in something sweet and sprinkled salt on them. I was a bit too focused on drinking the wine to follow his process. He used goat cheese as the base for the candied salty pecans, and they were gone in about 5 minutes.


Thanks guys!


(I then stumbled my way home)

2 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

thats nuts....lol I crack me up...

Anonymous said...

Okay the blurred pictures are because of the large wine intake during the evening, right?