Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Almost thanksgiving!!!!

My favorite holiday--no presents, no religion, just eating food and being thankful. How great is that? Here is one of the fastest, easiest side dishes to make.  


Chop 2-3 sweet potatoes, an onion and some garlic.  (I know I used green pepper, but I didn't like it so I wouldn't recommend it--any other root veg would be good, though)

Add thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, and salt.  Toss with olive oil until all veg is coated w/ oil and spices.

Roast in 450 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or if you're cooking with the turkey at a lower temp, go for an hour or so.  You can broil them at the end if you want some more carmelization.  I tossed them once during cooking.


Excellent!  Leftover are also good mashed up as a hash and fried, with some eggs.  Happy Thanksgiving to  you and yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No religion? This country was founded by god-fearing men. Not liberal pinko Zionist queers!!! Go back to manhatten.

Tavolini said...

hahaha, okay....

Misspelling Manhattan is probably one of the smaller issues to mention ;) Happy Thanksgiving!